The Salty Whale Cutting Board is perfect for a charcuterie board or cheese board! It is hand-crafted from top-grade hardwood, available in both maple and cherry. Unlike our Original Salty Whales, it is made from new, non-reclaimed hardwood and is food safe.
- Approximately 7" tall and 26" wide
- Hand-cut, hand-sanded and hand-sealed
- Sealed and polished with organic beeswax and organic mineral oil
- Five non-slip rubber feet attached to the bottom to keep it in place
Cherry: Deep reddish-brown color with strong grain patterns
- Mahogany: Deep, rich brown color strong grain patterns. Often has iridescent grains.
- Maple: Lighter in color with clean, consistent grains. Classic choice for cutting boards.
- Ambrosia Maple: Lighter in color with unique dark grain patterns throughout to add character. Grain patterns can vary significantly in color and depth.
- African Padauk: Very deep brownish-red coloring, hard and heavy wood.
- Mesquite: Deep chocolate/brown color with consistent grain. One of the hardest and heaviest woods available.
Follow the below care recommendations to keep your cutting board in great shape:
- Hand-wash only. Never submerge in water, put in dishwasher or put in microwave.
- Disinfect & deodorize by spraying or wiping with vinegar.
- Remove stains & deodorize by rubbing with a baking soda and water mixture.
- Cut lightly to avoid deep cuts in the wood.
- Apply a cutting board conditioner periodically. Using a cloth, rub on the full board and let sit for 10 minutes, then with a clean cotton cloth, buff in a circular motion until the finish is smooth.
Please note that the photos shown on the web page are example photos. You will not receive the exact product shown, but one similar to it. Due to the nature of the antique reclaimed wood that we utilize, no piece will be identical and each will have its own character and imperfections.
California Residents: See Proposition 65 Information